PURE, UNDILUTED FUN.
You asked and we delivered. The Starling Cycles Roost.
Starling’s very first hardtail had to be something special, so we went all out to make a bike built for pure, undiluted fun. Made to go anywhere and do anything, it’s as suited to back-country epics as it is bike park blasts.
A handbuilt, zingy steel frame makes light work of rough and rowdy descents whilst mullet wheels bring that perfect balance of flick-knife and magnum. With room for a 120mm to 160mm fork you’ve got plenty of options to custom build your own perfect setup.
It’s not a spindly XC whippet, it’s not a sickly ‘ardcore ‘ardtail. It’s a ride-wherever, ride-whatever, tough-as-nails stainless do-it-all that’s built to take on whatever you can throw it at.
And, of course, it’s built with beautiful stainless steel for that shiny shiny, rust-free raw style.
- Handmade in Taiwan by ORA.
- Made with high-quality stainless steel tubing.
- Designed for 140mm fork, works from 120-160mm.
- 27.5″ rear wheel, 29″ front wheel.
- Up to 2.8″ tyre clearance.
- Up to 200mm rotor.
- Boost and non-boost compatible.
- Tubular chainstay yoke is inspired by our FS bikes and adds big tyre clearance as well as being structurally efficient.
Medium,Large, XL sizes (medium now sold out).
- Choose frame-only or full build.
- Ohlins, Rockshox, Hope, Funn, Magura, Bike Yoke, Michelin, CushCore available.
GEOMETRY AND SIZING
Featured on PinkBikeField Test: Starling Murmur - The Steel Rock Crusher
"Proved itself to be a solid choice for all-around trail riding, a realistic option for those who want a 140mm bike that can double as an enduro machine, and a truly enjoyable bike to ride.."
Starling Roost Hardtail review by The Loam WolfThe Brand New Roost Stainless Steel Hardtail
"The Roost isn’t a sickly slack ‘ardcore hardtail. Neither is it a spindly and steep trail whippet. It’s a proper go-anywhere, do-anything all-rounder that we’ve built for local laps and adventures further afield. It’s as home on a big mountain epic as it is your after-work power lap or the hardtail category at your next enduro."